Every year during November I go pumpkin crazy. I start making pumpkin loaf, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin scrubs, pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin everything. Anything pumpkin you name it I’m making it. Then all of a sudden the holidays pass and poof! No more pumpkin. So I thought if I have a little bit of pumpkin during the year maybe I wont go all crazy during November. I don’t think it will work but I was really craving pumpkin so I decided to try out a new pumpkin smoothie recipe.
This is all you will need:
- 1/2 frozen banana (55 calories)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (40 calories)
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze (30 calories)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (6 calories)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (6 calories)
- pinch of ginger (3 calories)
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (24 calories)
- 1 cup of ice
*substitute vanilla extract with 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder for more protein.
*If you need more fiber add 1 tablespoon of flax-seed meal
Pour all ingredients into a blender and mix very well.
Pour in a glass and enjoy!